benkenobi.inc

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Accident

Guess it had been a long time since I met with an accident.... but it finally did, AGAIN.

Happened on Saturday 5th August on my way to church. I was on the PIE at the Paya Lebar flyover. Suddenly a Toyota braked. That led to a Honda Jazz, a Mitsubishi Lancer and my car (the last car!!) getting involved in a pile up. I saw it coming and braked, but it was too late! Was a little lost at that time at what to do. Anyway, they managed to get a tow truck to the workshop at Paya Lebar/Eunos. I was told the bad news at the workshop. I had to pay for own damage as I was the last car. The other cars would also claim from my insurance. There goes my no-claim bonus!

In any case, I did not get to church!

On hindsight, as I was in a cab on the way home, I was a little shaken up. But I was glad that I was alone and my family was not in the car with me. Would have been dreadful!

Its Thursday and I have already collected the car from the workshop. They told me the damage was not that great to my car. Obviously, since they managed to get my car fixed by today (sat and sun, they dun work.. and wed was national day). But I had to pay $1000 plus because of the excess and all that. BUT, am so glad that S and N were not in the car with me.

Driving around now of course is a little funny. Everything affects me. Am afraid of getting into another accident. I guess it takes time again to really get back to normal. However, the scary thing is complacency. And that is something I need to check, next to more patience and less swearing!!

1 Comments:

  • oh dear...sorry to hear about wat happened....but am glad you are ok! (that's most important)

    By Blogger eunice, at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home