benkenobi.inc

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Confirmation thots

Last night was the last session of the confirmation training for the year 2005. On one hand it was a relief that it was done, however, it just felt like it has just begun, not just for the newly confirmed, but for the guardians. Dun know how to explain that, but that is how I feel. It was true about what Fr. J said that the guardians would have learnt a lot too. I felt that I had in the past 3 mths or so. I will be going back to the RCIA as of this Sunday. I dun like to compare, but the confirmation does have a closer knit group with more interaction. I guess the RCIA is a little more laid back and not that challenging. However, the RCIA and the confirmation programmes are all intertwined. One cannot do without the other. Thus the "follow through" from the RCIA to Confirmation. Somehow, these two programmes have showed me and taught me that I have to be more "garang" and to be able to approach people easier (though I am still shy at times). The other thing is to try not to judge people and to try and accept people as they are, no matter how they hurt us or take us for granted (this is difficult of course as there were a few characters I keep complaining about to S). However, what I do is "complain to let it out and then move on". No use dwelling on it right?

Anyhow, I am now faced with a decision about next year's confirmation programme. I have been asked to be co- coordinator for next year's programme with Z. However, one thing is for sure, I will not be able to be the co-ordinator, but the assistant to the co-ordinator when the actual programme starts. When Fr. J mentioned Z and my name last night, the first thing my heart told me was to say yes. However, I will have to think about it as I have bible study on Monday, RCIA on Tues and Sun. For now, I will be continuing with the RCIA and the occasional bible study. If I were to do the confirmation programme, then I will freeze the bible study (as I did for the past 3 months) and the RCIA. So I guess at anyone time, I am alternating between the programmes. Of course great consideration must be taken into account about my son who will be due in October 2005. So that is something I will have to think about. Of course, nothing is possible without the support of my wife. If my wife cannot cope, then all these cannot be done. So, these thoughts occupy my mind for now, at least till next week, when I have to give Fr. J an answer.

2 Comments:

  • hee..so u given him your answer already????

    (Z)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

  • Actually no. He did not ask when I saw him at RCIA past Tuesday. Think he did not want to ask me in front of the RCIA people??

    By Blogger Ben Kenobi Lim, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home