benkenobi.inc

Friday, August 05, 2005

apple ibook.... its gone!

Can you believe that my apple ibook crashed yesterday? It was so bad and upsetting. Just thinking about all my photos.... all gone.

Was doing a presentation in keypoint and using powerpoint slides to convert to keypoint. Think the apple just cannot handle the powerpoint stuff well, the computer just crashed. I could not get the OS to start up. I tried the safe mode, fsck, but in vain. It said the HD vol could not be repaired. I went home, got the installation disk and used disk utility to try and repair the disk. Again the HD volume could not be repaired. I have not heard of an apple crashing like that. It looks to me my HD is just gone ...... RIP! I will be bringing it down to the apple centre later to see if they can do anything. Its crazy man.....and upsetting and it is making me depressed!

Anyway, I will have to pick up the stones and move on with my life!!!

4 Comments:

  • I think the Apple centre will be able to savage your ibook. Fingers crossed!

    By Blogger Sam, at 5:05 PM  

  • Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. Hope it went fine. Happened to me once. Lost all my pics also.

    By Blogger coke, at 1:38 PM  

  • The hard disk was faulty! Can you believe that?? I had to pay $449.00 to get it fixed. They changed the hard disk and guess what? They could back up my data! Yea!!!! Anyway, taught me a mean lesson to back up my stuff (even for a mac!! Which is a hundred years I thought were invincible machines!!)

    By Blogger Ben Kenobi Lim, at 10:17 AM  

  • Hehe hard-drive still falible lah...
    Always, i mean ALWAYS backup your photos. Especially the upcoming baby ones!!

    BTW, Congrats daddy to be. Send my congratualtions to your wife pls...;)

    By Blogger coke, at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home