benkenobi.inc

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Learn mandarin, and know some treatments in mandarin as well...



My first question is.... what on earth are these??

Had a funny story about these red "polka dots". I went to see a chinese physician on the 30th October 2005 (sunday). Went in and told her that I had frequent headaches when I wake up. She asked to see my tongue and took my pulse. She asked a few more questions like work stress and all. She then told me she was going to do something to me in the next room. I thought it was a massage.... boy was I jumping for joy. Went in next door and took off my shirt. I asked if I should take off my jeans too? She said no no no. I lay on my front as instructed, then I saw the cups. She very effectively placed them on me. S was really laughing when she found out about it. She had just arrived on the scene. It was painful man... getting worse by the minute. Some dots were flaming red man. The story does not end here! After 15 min of endurance and complaining to my wife, she finally took them off. Then the chinese physician asked me if I felt relaxed? Of course I was, with all those cups finally off.... She then took out her needles and then I realised I was in for acupuncture. Well, I guess as long as it treats my headaches. Lemme see. I had 2 needles in between my index fingers and thumbs, 2 in my temples, 2 in my cheeks, i on the top of my head and I think 2 on my forehead. I had a little trouble talking to S but I had 20 min to kill. Now I am on some medication that smells and tastes not that great, but like I keep telling myself, as long as it cures my headaches!!

I guess learning mandarin is just the tip of the iceburg, you need to know what certain treatments are in mandarin!!

5 Comments:

  • Yah I had taht doen to be before...it was not fun...not one bit. Promsied myself to stay away...the worse thing....oor chah for the next couple of days.....

    By Blogger coke, at 1:49 PM  

  • Ya....pain pain. But well, if it helps the headaches, I am most willing to try this. I got pierced again on the second visit. But that was for a back problem. Seems to work. The medicine is the worse. First time I took it, wanted to puke it all out.

    By Blogger Ben Kenobi Lim, at 3:48 PM  

  • that's one (BIG) reason why i pay more for my chiropractor than go to my mum's acupuncture doctor - though undeniably, he's good.

    I'm just darn scared of those needles. Knees go all jello!

    ~zoe~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM  

  • Good luck with the treatments, mate. I know how bad it can be. I have chronic back pain for almost a year liao. Tried almost everything there is but no improvements yet. BTW, your skin looks a bit yellow leh?! Maybe it's the lighting :)

    By Blogger Sam, at 10:55 PM  

  • if anyone needs a good chiropractor, i could recommend mine. abit on the $$$$ side, but i've had bad back problems for close to 10 years now, and ever since i've gone to him and changed my lifestyle (gymming regularly), I'm still able to go climbing, play my netball etc without feeling like i'm falling apart.
    :)

    ~Zoe~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home